Monday, January 26, 2009

One week later....




It has been one week since Nora began walking exclusively.  She has totally mastered it, too.  I bet by next week she'll be running.  We'll see.....

It's also been one week since Jack and Nora gave up the bottle.  Wow, what a week!  I'm so proud of my little bebes.  They don't even miss it.  Who knew?  I mean, I had all these fears about it and I created so many ridiculous scenarios in my head about how it would be.  I thought surely they would fight it, scream, cry, beg, maybe even go into withdrawals, experience tremors, cold sweats and all those horrid side affects of giving something up.  It was so easy.  Yeah, it wasn't fun on the first day, the second day wasn't quite as uncomfortable as the first, and the third day was a piece of cake!  I'm glad it's done - there's no looking back now.

Onto the next big milestone.  What will it be?  Oh, wait, I missed one.  Jack is now standing all by himself without holding onto anything!  That's quite an achievement for a boy of his stature.  Balancing over thirty pounds in that compact little body is, well, a balancing act - literally!

Oh what will the next milestone be?  Perhaps JackJack will take his first steps??  I can't wait!

No comments: