Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nine and a half days


RJB is coming home tomorrow. It's been well over a week since he went back to Utah to be with his family (after the death of his grandma). I've really missed my RJB.  The whole family has missed him, but I don't think anyone has missed him as much as I. For the doubters out there, let me break it down for you:

1) Dude, how do you keep up with feeding all of these animals???  I had no idea that the cats' food bowl needed to be filled not once, buy TWICE a day! And poor Makoto's water bowl - really? Why doesn't he just tell Sher-khan to go drink out of his own damned bowl??  He's a flippin' cat for the love of sweet JC.  Seriously. What's wrong with these two?  Cats are NOT supposed to drink from dog bowls, and dogs are NOT supposed to be ok with such behavior from a cat. It's so not cool and is incredibly telling. Our skinny little cat is wack-a-doo, and our sweet, sweet puppy dog is a wuss.  Ugh!

2) I'm sorry, but there is a pile of San Jose Mercury newspapers piled up at the end of our driveway about 9 1/2 days deep.  Umm, yeahhh, I get my news online and I work at Adobe - sooooo, paperless is the only way really. Let's take this one offline and figure out a way to do away with the paper - k?

3) Is it bad that I forget to remind the boys to take the trash out to the curb on Thursday until they're already in bed? I really don't think that they were asleep (they were probably faking it in hopes that I wouldn't really make them get out of their comfy cozy beds to roll the trash cans to the curb).

4) I totally forgot that:  the gardner needs to be paid, Taylor needs to be taken to and picked up from golf camp, you stay with the babies most mornings so I can run off to ridiculously early morning meetings, and that J&N have a bedtime routine that includes YOU and me.

5) Finally, I miss watching our favorite shows together:  Jeopardy, Gossip Girl, The City, How I Met Your Mother, American Idol, The Real Housewives of OC, and Ghost Hunters.  Ok, maybe not Ghost Hunters together (because your constant commentary and ridicule of Jay and Grant is more than I can take).

I can't wait for you come home, RJB!

2 comments:

Josh said...

good one

Carol said...

OMG, Shirley...you are seriously spoiled!