Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19th

Today, January 19th, is my birthday.

Today, January 19th, is also the day that marks the beginning of a new routine for J&N - no more bottles!  Yes!

Today, January 19th, RJBs grandma passed :(

--------------------

JasonTimothy gave me the sweetest birthday gift today: a very funny card and a pack of gum.  I love that kid, he's a good egg if I do say so myself.  Taylor was Taylor, which means he was a HUGE help when Safeway delivered the groceries.  He kept Nora and Jack occupied and happy, and then helped me put the groceries away.  I love that kid, too.  I'm really going to need him more than ever in the days to come while RJB is away helping his mother and family out.

Nora walked A LOT today.  She's becoming more and more confident on her feet. It's so exciting.  Jack melted my heart.  He sat down on the floor with a book and began to "read".  Of course he wasn't really reading, he can barely talk, but you know how babies sound when they first begin talking?  You can't make out what their saying, but you know that in their head, they know what they're saying.  Well, that's what it was like.  He sat there flipping through the pages talking his baby talk, or rather "reading".

Rob is leaving on Wednesday to go to Utah to help his family with the necessary tasks that need to be taken care of after a loved one passes.  He has decided to take Makoto with him.  This means that Makoto must have a Certificate of Health and an Acclimation Certificate.  I took him to the vet this evening to obtain said certificates and a clean bill of health.  The doctor said that he was absolutely perfect, BUT he could stand to lose a few pounds.  Hmmmmmm, you and me both, Makoto!!!  At any rate, a few extra pounds will not keep him from going to Utah, although the airline may charge us an extra fee for excess weight :)  I'm glad RJB is taking his BFF with him.  There's nothing in the world like a nice, warm, soft puppy dog to snuggle up to when you're feeling down and your spouse is a thousand miles away (and also when you're in Utah in the dead of winter - brrrrr)!  I'm going to miss my RJB.

1 comment:

mommasooze said...

First, Happy Belated Birthday!

Second, sorry to hear about Rob's grandma. This has not been a good season for grandmas.

Third, I had no idea that you've been updating your blog lately. Apparently I thought I was a follower, but I wasn't but now I am.