Wednesday, January 14, 2009

J&N Turn One

January 11th was the big day.  Rob and I have spent a lot of time over the last several weeks reflecting.  Sigh, thank God that's over!  The month of December, my last month of pregnancy, was hell.  We had to move, I was so incredibly sick, and then not long after Christmas my doctor admitted me to the hospital where I spent seven days on my back trying to prolong my pregnancy as long as possible.

On the day I was admitted to the hospital, San Jose was hit by a massive winter rain storm.  The winds were ridiculously strong. Trees were blown over and the streets were littered with leaves, branches and miscellaneous debris.  The power went out and Taylor was left home alone with no lights, no TV, no computer, and no telephone.  He was pretty scared.  In his mind he was left home alone for days, but it really was only a short time before Jason and Auggie came to his rescue and kept him company.

My absence left Rob all on his own to deal with the daunting task of unpacking a new house and cleaning up an old one while at the same time preparing to bring home two new babies.  Luckily there's this wonderful concept of FAMILY!  Rob's parents and my mother all came shortly after I went into the hospital.  Betty took charge and got our new home in order, my mother kept me company at the hospital and helped wherever she was needed, and Tom and Taylor worked overtime putting together cribs, bouncy seats, installing car seats and whatever else needed assembling.  We are incredibly lucky to have such a supportive and caring family!

Looking back on all that transpired helps me appreciate how far we've come in a year. Nora and Jack were born at 7:54 and 7:55 am (respectively), Friday, January 11, 2008.  The zenith.  The culmination of many highly charged events all leading to and reaching a fabulous and amazing beginning.

J&N January 11, 2008


J&N January 11, 2009

1 comment:

Josh said...

yea, what a great year!