Friday, October 10, 2008

When you have a BIG baby........



JackJack is HUGE!  I took him to the doctor about a month ago (he was 8 months old then) and he weighed over 27 pounds at that time which was around the time when the picture above was taken (from our trip to SF).  I'm sure by now he must weigh at least 28 or 29 pounds.  We'll see - he has his 9 month check up next week.

Anyway, RJB and I have always wondered why no one makes clothes, accessories, gear, etc. for BIG babies???  Take his swing for example.  He outgrew it according to the weight limitations before he was developmentally ready to.  Poor little guy LOVED his swing, but he was too big for it.  Also, we got a booster chair for him and Nora, but the safety belt wouldn't fit around his waist and the tray sat so low that it wouldn't fit over his chunky legs :) I have so many examples:  Clothes (he's wearing 3Ts which fit fine around his waist, but are too long in the legs and arms), the FisherPrice Jumperoo (we have to take his pants off for him to fit into it and even then he gets stuck when we try to pull him out of it), diapers (even the size 6 doesn't completely cover his butt crack, and the toddler sizes are actually pull ups which aren't very absorbent), the BabyBjorn (really?  who's going to lug around a 30 pound kid in one of those things?).

So I'm on a quest to find out if we're not alone.  Do other people have fat babies and if so, have they found a solution to the problems I've listed?  I did find a website called Happy Panda Baby, "The Brand for the Bigger Baby" (http://www.happypandababy.com/home.php).  It totally addresses the whole clothing size and fit issue.  That's exciting.  I can't wait to continue my research.  Perhaps I can start a website that brings all the top products and manufacturers under one vendor - a one-stop-shop if you will.

No comments: