Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The joy of BAKING

It's a new season, summer is quickly fading away, the days are getting shorter and it's getting dark earlier, holiday plans are being discussed, Christmas lists are being created/distributed, and this all puts me in the mood to BAKE!!!

Ok, so, well last year I was a little, no actually I was A LOT pregnant and cooking was not something I did (at all).  Ugh!  Ok, I did help Dave with Thanksgiving dinner (barely), but I sat on a stool and had to take lots of breaks (naps) throughout the day.  Seriously, Dave pretty much cooked the whole dinner - I love that guy!  This year, I'm going to make up for all the baking I didn't do last year.  In fact, I'm going to actually try to be good at it :)  Everyone who knows me knows this about me:

1. I HATE to cook
2. I'm no good at it (which is probably why I hate it)

But "cooking" and "baking", in my book, are two completely different things, AND what they don't know (I think) is that I actually DO like to bake.  I just don't do it well (usually), which pisses me off and then I don't enjoy it.  But I know I can bake well if I plan ahead, take my time, and keep a positive attitude!

I found this website - http://www.joyofbaking.com/  It has a lot of great fall recipes, and I especially like it because along with the recipe are baking tips (I can use all the help I can get!).  Here's a picture of a pumpkin cheesecake that looks really yummy:




1 comment:

fourguy said...

Pumpkin Cheese cake - YUM! Who are you going to get to make it for you? I'll let you know just how good it was.