Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goofing off......

I get soooo incredibly giddy and excited when I'm goofing off.  This is what it's like:  when I was a kid and my mom and dad first began leaving my sister and I home alone, as soon as we could see the tail lights of their car heading down the street, we'd turn up the stereo as loud as we would dare, then run madly through out the house, jumping on and across furniture along the way. Finally we'd collapse in a heap on the floor, panting and laughing at the shear silliness of it all. Anyway, this type of behavior was certainly not allowed in the Forman household, but that's what made it so much fun. The thrill of doing something harmless which happened to be forbidden. Hmmmm, how could something so harmless be forbidden? I'm pretty sure that it has a little something to do with the fact that my parents long ago made a conscious decision to raise well-mannered children. I'm glad, because it wouldn't have been as much fun if we had been allowed to do it all of the time!


No comments: